ПОВИКОТ Е ЗАТВОРЕН!!!
European Volunteer Service (EVS) in YWCA-YMCA Global, part of the YWCA-YMCA of Norway
We are looking for one person from Macedonia on EVS in Norway for 12 months starting from May 2019.
- to raise awareness among young people in Norway, Palestine, Macedonia and Romania about the injustices young people in other countries are facing, and to create solidarity between them;
- to give young people in these countries knowledge / skills to take action to address these injustices, for example through campaigning, communications, peer education
- to build the capacity of the partner organizations to promote international solidarity and action between and by young people, so that this work can continue, even after the exchange ends;
- to produce changes in unjust policies that are affecting young people;
- to contribute to building a global movement of young people working for justice across borders and cultures.
All volunteers will:
- attend strategic events – for example large scale youth festivals and summer camps where they can mobilize large numbers of Norwegians to become globally aware /active
- run Training of Trainers so that the leaders being trained can pass on the knowledge and skills to their groups. Topics might include the Occupation of Palestine; how to become a Peacemaker; etc.
- help to create resources that can be used to deliver training even after they leave – for example short films; photos; case studies.
https://kfuk-kfum.no/ditt-kfuk-kfum/vestlandet/haugaland-kfuk-kfum/hovedforeninger/haugesund-kfuk-kfum – the website for the local organization
The mission of YMCA and the GLOW & YMLP Youth Development Progrаm is to empower the young people and develop the inherent potential they have by providing them with the skills and knowledge necessary to become active leaders in their communities. This is realized through experiential education that celebrates diversity, builds academic and social competencies.
GLOW & YMLP Clubs are youth-led clubs housed in diverse communities around the country. The clubs provide an opportunity for young men and women to become leaders in their communities. These youth are often GLOW or YMLP Camp alumni who, through GLOW and YMLP Club activities, are able to apply what they have learned at camp about leadership and civic engagement in their communities. Clubs hold two meetings monthly and are responsible for one community service project each school semester.
There are two different ways GLOW and YMLP clubs can be realized, one is through regional clubs and the other one through the satellite clubs. Regional GLOW and YMLP clubs create spaces where club leaders and members follow a specific program with enhanced support from YMCA, while Satellite GLOW and YMLP Clubs are mostly following the program of the closest regional club which is in their proximity, but also allowing their members to be creative and flexible in the implementation of the activities of their satellite club.
The support which GLOW/YMLP Regional Clubs receive from YMCA includes funding, mentoring, and unique opportunities for training and skills development. These clubs have more rigorous national standards which they must complete to fulfill their obligations as a club. The organization of clubs in this way allows YMCA and the club coordinators to be more engaged in the club efforts.
GLOW and YMLP Satellite Clubs are more flexible in their responsibilities, and while they have the opportunity to receive more tangible support from YMCA, they also have the option of creating their own club experience. Satellite clubs are welcomed to participate in meetings and events held by their local Regional Club, but they are expected to take part in the service projects organized by this same local Regional Club. Satellite clubs also have the opportunity of transition into Regional Club in the future years.
WHO DO WE WORK WITH?
- GLOW & YMLP clubs are operated and staffed by several adults comprising YMCA staff, Peace Corps volunteers, and GLOW and YMLP camper alumni. Clubs are developed and operated by YMCA with partnership from Peace Corps.
- Clubs are funded in large part by our partners and supporters including: OKTA, Mermeren Kombinat, SASA mine, TAV Airports, Alkaloid, Kromberg & Schubert, ESM and dozens of individual contributors to our annual crowdfunding campaign.
- We have also worked together with our friends at the US Embassy since the beginning of the YMLP and GLOW program.
GLOW and YMLP Clubs began in 2000 and 2016 respectively in order to provide camp alumni with an opportunity to apply the lessons they learned at Camps GLOW and YMLP in their communities. With a strong commitment to equality and diversity GLOW and YMLP clubs focus on curriculum tracks like environmentalism, civic responsibility, personal development, leadership, youth employability and women’s empowerment. Clubs prepare and propel youth to compose their leadership skills so that they may become the leaders in their communities, and in the world. GLOW and YMLP Clubs formally partnered with YMCA Bitola in 2016.
Main Work tasks and expectations of the ESC Volunteer will be to be active and committed to contribute to the development of new activities to the children and youngsters of the organization together with other Danish volunteers and staff members. As ESC volunteer you will get the opportunity to play an active role in local activities, and you will also get the opportunity to participate in national YMCA and YWCA events for children and teenagers. At some of these events up to 1200 people will participate.
Expect more details soon!!
На овој ЕВС ќе волонтирате од понеделник до петок, вкупно 36 часа. На едно или две места ќе обавувате практична работа. Имате можност за избор помеѓу неколку работни места. Покрај тоа што ќе ви бидат покриени трошоците за пат, сместување, храна, осигурување, исто така ќе добивате и одредена парична сума за џапарлак секој месец.
Овој проект е главно за млади луѓе помеѓу 18-30 години кои имаат помалку можности и не учествувале претходно во проекти од Erasmus+ програмата поради тоа што биле попречени од разни причини. Лица со помали можности се оние кои имаат:
- Попреченост (ментална, физичка, сетилна и сл).
- Лица кои имаат потешкотии при учење (рано го напуштиле школото, со помали квалификации, со ниски оцени);
- Лица кои се соочуваат со економски пречки (низок стандард, ниски примања, долгорочно невработени, бездомници, млади луѓе со финансиски проблеми);
- Културни разлики (имигранти, бегалци, малцинство, здравствени проблеми, со хронични болести, тешка болест или физичка состојба);
- Социјални пречки (лица кои седискриминирани заради религиозна, полова, сексуална, етничка и друга припадност, антисоцијални млади луѓе или со ризични однесувања, во несигурна ситуација, бивши зависници од дрога или алкохол, млади самохрани родители, млади луѓе без родители);
- Географски пречки (луѓе од рурални средини кои се недоволно поврзани со градовите).
Инфо летер-от може да го разгледате тука.
Доколку сте заинтересирани, пишете на firstname.lastname@example.org за да продолжиме со процесот на аплицирање за оваа неверојатно убава авантура!
This open call is intended for equipping young leaders with necessary knowledge and tools to become future change-makers in the local community were they live.
There will be possibilities for learning about topics that include social inclusion of vulnerablegroups, needs assessment in organization or in a project, creating a social project, creating and maintaining an CSO (Civil Society Organization) with its own mission and democratic governance, advocacy and communication, etc.
Full explanation of the criteria for application and the learning modules you can find here.
What is specific about this training academy is that it asks for longer commitment throughout the year. There are three sessions happening in the year 2020, with three different dates and in three different places in Europe:
I session: 24-29 March 2020, Malta
II session: 16-21 June 2020, Slovakia
III session: 3-8 November 2020, Belgium
Applying participant will need to go through all of them.
The second specific thing is that a certain amount of participation will be asked. Currently, we are in a process of finding subsidies for participants coming from places with less opportunities, but it is not clear how much of it will cover the real expenses.
All who are willing to commit for the next year on the provided dates and are able to pay a certain participation amount, please write us on: email@example.com to talk more on the details!